My first foray into the blogosphere begins here.
I plan to use this site as a place to gather thoughts and discuss subjects that interest me, among which will be
- theology and the spiritual tradition of the Orthodox Church;
- questions of human freedom, free-market economics and environmentalism;
- the works of St Maximus the Confessor and other patristic authors;
- the transformative power of ritual; and
- anything else that strikes my fancy.
The title of the blog, Ambiguorum Blogis, is Latin for “Blog of ambiguities,” and is a small word-play on one of the major works of St Maximus the Confessor, his Ambiguorum Liber, a speculative work in which he resolves ambiguous passages from earlier Fathers. Whether or not I resolve anything here remains to be seen.
You are welcome to participate in the discussions if they interest you. Usual rules of civility are the bare minimum. I have neither time nor tolerance for anything other than serious and respectful exchanges.
Since I am new to blogging, it will doubtless take me a while to get up to speed with the technical side of things. Still, I look forward to posting regularly.
May Paradise consume us.